Sr. Performance Engineer
P2 Solutions Group is currently searching for a Sr. Performance Engineer to join our client for a contract opportunity located in Seattle.
You: Think big and have experience with the performance of systems with scale. Expert dealing with performance automation, testing and working across teams to ensure solution performance. Fun loving and can spend time over coffee discussing perf testing tools (JMeter) and automation frameworks. You get mobile and the performance challenges including underlying web services.
Me: Agile by nature, growing in the continuous delivery space, looking for someone to continue the journey to strong coding practices. I need someone that gets end to end performance testing for mobile, web and back end services. I need someone that can work across the organization to spearhead performance.
- Estimate, plan, prioritize and coordinate end to end performance testing across mobile and web applications and their supporting services.
- Design develop and execute automated performance tests for mobile applications as well their supporting services.
- Work with operations, engineering and product teams to help define and create performance acceptance tests.
- Work with the development and operations teams to define and coordinate environments for performance testing.
- Select and enhance performance test automation tools and frameworks.
- Document performance test methods and train new testers and development teams on their usage.
- Debug application and service test failures in order to create effective and targeted bug reports.
- Stay updated on performance test automation and software development lifecycle methods and technologies in order to help evolve and grow testing effectiveness.
- Create defect metric and pass/fail reports for a broad audience that includes technical and product teams.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in software development, systems engineering and/or performance testing.
- Significant experience in performance test for mobile applications.
- Significant experience with open source performance testing tools. (JMeter, BlazeMeter, etc)
- Significant experience working in an Agile environment.
- Significant experience with object oriented programming languages. (Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Significant experience with source code management systems (SVN, Git, etc.) preferably Git.
- Experience in building and/or enhancing test automation frameworks for web and mobile applications and their supporting services.
- Experience working with continuous integration Tools. (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
P2 Solutions is an award-winning consulting firm, based in Seattle. For over a decade we have provided IT services for leading enterprise, mid-size and small organizations in the Pacific North West and California. We offer our team competitive salaries, top of the line health benefits, flexible wellness reimbursements and optional 401K.