Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer (multiple) - RM-1
The Logistics First...
- These roles are 1+ year in duration and bring premium compensation for the right fit!
- Due to client requirements, you must be local to Seattle as they want to interview in-person.
- We’re open to W2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp collaboration on this project, so long as candidates are local.
We are looking for multiple Site Reliability and DevOps Engineers to join our team working in Seattle, WA with one of the highest ranked places to work for in the US amongst Fortune 100 companies! If you’re seeking to make an impact on a team while moving your DevOps skills toward mastery, keep reading.
What Will I Do...
You’ll have a strong background in cloud infrastructure automation and distribution systems needed to build new cloud automation pipelines and drive improvements to delivery methods within our Agile engineering team. This position needs great judgement, imagination and teamwork to help create new patterns for architecture.
You’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to build tools that deploy, operate and maintain cloud-enabled systems and sites. You’ll test and hone your trouble-shooting and resolution skills in our dev, test and production environments alongside a progressive thinking DevOps team. Bonus for bringing experience working on applications at significant scale.
Who’s P2 Solutions Group...
P2's Agile Engineering Group (See Our Story below) influences high quality software development practices by embedding with our client, delivering production software, and leveraging methods from Agile Programming and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
Our clients are facing challenges to become more responsive to dynamic business needs, delight customers, and move to cloud technologies. Come work within our group of artisan engineers and utilize your engineering and communication skills to support these goals!
What Kind of Experience Do I Need...
- Strong background in operations or systems engineering
- Work with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation and/or Ansible on AWS
- Leverage cloud native solutions where possible to solve technical challenges and meet business needs
- Create scripting solutions leveraging Python and/or Bash
- Experience using Docker (containerization) to manage enterprise applications on AWS ECS
- Provide gap analysis from a technical perspective, highlighting current/future states, propose best practices and solutions to address needs
- Work with the Central Engineering, Architecture, Data Services and other source system teams to define the integration requirements and enhancements to support the initiatives
What’s the Desired Background...
- 5 or more years of industry experience in operations / Dev-Ops / Site Reliability (SRE) responsibilities
- Solid background and understanding of AWS cloud-based infrastructure provisioning and automation
- Solid experience implementing infrastructure automation using Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Good knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
P2 was founded in 2002 by Steve Lee, a former Microsoft employee and consultant, on the principle that a company could be an extension of community and should always be genuine with its people. Our motto:
Great People, Great Outcomes
Along the way of delivering hundreds of technology services projects for our current clients such as Disney, Microsoft, F5 Networks and Puget Sound Energy, we’ve evolved to our inflexion point built on the three pillars below:
- Project delivery leadership and business analysis
- Co-development of Agile software applications in Java, .NET and Open Source platforms
- Cloud enablement (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Our vision: Become the engine that promotes technology innovation with our clients through our community.
How are we getting there? Through our people:
Tom Parrish, our Managing Director for 5 years, has been in the consulting services business for 25 years. He’s helped numerous companies grow to multi-million-dollar enterprises such as SolutionsIQ and P2.
Travis Dougan, our Business Director has worked in the technology consulting space for over 20 years and has been instrumental in growing S/W development practices at companies such as Dev9 and SolutionsIQ.
Nimret Sandhu, our Technology Advisor is well known in local tech circles, he’s been the Chair of the Seattle Java Users Group (SeaJUG) for 10 years and is the Organizer for Docker Seattle Users Group, the nexus of cultural change in DevOps.
We’ve worked together in the past and have chosen to work together again so we can be “the engine that drives technology innovation with our clients”.
We’d like to include you in our community – reach-out to us