Lead Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking for a Lead DevOps engineer with a strong background in cloud infrastructure automation and distribution systems. Working within an agile engineering and system engineering to build new cloud automation pipelines and drive improvements to delivery methods. This position will have a degree of flexibility and demand some imagination as we create new patterns for architecture.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments, right alongside the development and operations teams. Ideally we are looking for a candidate that a proven track record of working on applications and at significant scale.
P2's Agile Engineering Group influences high quality software development practices by embedding with our client, delivering production software, leveraging methods from agile, Extreme Programming and Continuous Delivery.
Our clients are facing challenges to become more responsive to dynamic business needs, delight customers, and move to cloud technologies. Come work within our group of artisan engineers and utilize your engineering and communication skills to support these goals!
- Strong background in operations or systems engineering
- Work with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation and/or Ansible on AWS
- Leverage cloud native solutions where possible to solve technical challenges and meet business needs
- Providing scripted solutions leveraging Bash/Python
- Experience managing Enterprise Java applications on AWS ECS leveraging Docker
- Documents solutions by use of UML Sequence diagrams, flowcharts etc.
- Provide gap analyses from a technical perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices, and solution offerings.
- Work with the Central Engineering, Architecture and Data Services teams and other source system teams to define the integration requirements and any enhancements to support the initiatives.
- 5 years of industry experience in operations/Dev-Ops/SRE responsibilities
- Solid background and understanding of AWS cloud to provide leadership and technical direction for service infrastructure provisioning and automation
- Professional opinions and experience implementing infrastructure automation using Infrastructure As Code tooling
- Python/Bash or related scripting experience
- Good knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences