Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer (multiple) - PK-1
The Logistics First...
- These roles are 1+ year in duration andbring premium compensation for the right fit!
- Due to client requirements, you must be local to Seattle or willing to fly-in for an in-person interview.
- We’re open to W2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp collaboration on this project.
We are looking for multiple Site Reliability and DevOps Engineers to join our team working in Seattle, WA with one of the highest ranked places to work for in the US amongst Fortune 100 companies! If you’re seeking to make an impact on a team while moving your DevOps skills toward mastery, keep reading.
What Will I Do...
You’ll have a strong background in cloud infrastructure automation and distribution systems needed to build new cloud automation pipelines and drive improvements to delivery methods within our Agile engineering team. This position needs great judgement, imagination and teamwork to help create new patterns for architecture.
You’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to build tools that deploy, operate and maintain cloud-enabled systems and sites. You’ll test and hone your trouble-shooting and resolution skills in our dev, test and production environments alongside a progressive thinking DevOps team. Bonus for bringing experience working on applications at significant scale.
Who’s P2 Solutions Group...
P2's Agile Engineering Group (See Our Story below) influences high quality software development practices by embedding with our client, delivering production software, and leveraging methods from Agile Programming and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
Our clients are facing challenges to become more responsive to dynamic business needs, delight customers, and move to cloud technologies. Come work within our group of artisan engineers and utilize your engineering and communication skills to support these goals!
What Kind of Experience Do I Need...
- Strong background in operations or systems engineering
- Work with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation and/or Ansible on AWS
- Leverage cloud native solutions where possible to solve technical challenges and meet business needs
- Create scripting solutions leveraging Python and/or Bash
- Experience using Docker (containerization) to manage enterprise applications on AWS ECS
- Provide gap analysis from a technical perspective, highlighting current/future states, propose best practices and solutions to address needs
- Work with the Central Engineering, Architecture, Data Services and other source system teams to define the integration requirements and enhancements to support the initiatives
What’s the Desired Background...
- 5 or more years of industry experience in operations / Dev-Ops / Site Reliability (SRE) responsibilities
- Solid background and understanding of AWS cloud-based infrastructure provisioning and automation
- Solid experience implementing infrastructure automation using Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Good knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
P2 was founded in 2002 by Steve Lee, a former Microsoft employee and consultant, on the principle that a company could be an extension of community and should always be genuine with its people.
Our motto: Great People, Great Outcomes.
Along the way of delivering hundreds of projects for our current clients such as Disney, Microsoft, F5 Networks and Puget Sound Energy, we’ve evolved from providing technology services to our inflexion point today providing:
- Delivery leadership and business analysis
- Cloud enablement (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Co-development of Agile S/W and data services in Java/Oracle, .NET and LAMP platforms
Our vision is to be the engine that promotes technology innovation with our clients. How are we getting there? Through the people we have on-board and are continuing to hire, including:
Tom Parrish is our Managing Director, has worked at P2 for 5 years and has been in the consulting services business for 25 years. He’s helped numerous companies grow to multi-million-dollar enterprises such as SolutionsIQ and P2.
Nimret Sandhu is our Technical Advisor / Director who is well-known in local tech circles:
He’s been the Chair of the Seattle Java Users Group (SeaJUG) for 10 years.
He’s an Organizer for Docker, which began the new containerization movement in CI/CD and was the nexus of cultural change in DevOps.
Travis Dougan is our Business Director and has worked in the technology consulting space field for over 20 years. He’s helped S/W development practices grow at companies such as Dev9 and SolutionsIQ.
I’ve been in the Talent Acquisition field for nearly 20 years and worked with both Tom and Travis at SolutionsIQ for 10 years.
We’ve all chosen to work together again because we’re confident that collectively we will be “the engine that drives technology innovation with our clients”.