Support Analyst - MS Exchange (multiple)
We are looking for four Support Analysts to help with our client’s MS Exchange migration in their Bothell data center. This team will be focused on providing 24 x 7 support for escalations resulting from the on-premise MS Exchange upgrade / migration. We are able to accept a wide range of experience and skills within the Systems Administration / Support from entry level on up.
The four Support Analysts will cover the following shifts listed below.
If you’re interested in this role, please indicate which shift(s) you’re available for, in order of preference, when applying.
What Will I Do...
This role will be resolving escalations related to a large MS Exchange migration.
- You’ll be utilizing third-party tools to migrate user Exchange services. In some cases, these processes will fail requiring the re-boot or roll-back of services by execution of PowerShell scripts.
- The primary work is to gain competency with the tool set for re-booting of services and utilize your skills with PowerShell and log file tracing to engage in support.
MS Exchange Tasks
- Start script to initial mailbox seed to Exchange 2016
- Run scripts to check for errors
- Document mailboxes that failed seeding, report to team
- Remediate issues with that mailbox (requires someone with Exchange experience) – Nice to Have
- Start scripts to migrate the mailbox to 2016
- Document and failed migrations and report to team
- Cancel failed migrations
- Remediate, if possible, for failed migrations (requires someone with Exchange experience) – Nice to Have
Enterprise Vault Tasks
- Log into both vault servers
- Open Console
- Follow directions on steps to re-hydrate vault, in batches
- Document status of re-hydration for each user and report
What’s the Desired Background...
- Windows Systems Administration experience
- PowerShell experience; Python or other scripting experience
- Experience reading log files
- MS Exchange experience
- Support of Microsoft networked products
- Mail system experience
- Scripting experience
P2 was founded in 2002 by Steve Lee, a former Microsoft employee and consultant, on the principle that a company could be an extension of community and should always be genuine with its people.
Our motto: Great People, Great Outcomes.
Along the way of delivering hundreds of projects for our current clients such as Disney, Microsoft, F5 Networks and Puget Sound Energy, we’ve evolved from providing technology services to our inflexion point today providing:
- Delivery leadership and business analysis
- Cloud enablement (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Co-development of Agile S/W and data services in Java/Oracle, .NET and LAMP platforms
Our vision is to be the engine that promotes technology innovation with our clients. How are we getting there? Through the people we have on-board and are continuing to hire, including:
Tom Parrish is our Managing Director, has worked at P2 for 5 years and has been in the consulting services business for 25 years. He’s helped numerous companies grow to multi-million-dollar enterprises such as SolutionsIQ and P2.
Nimret Sandhu is our Technical Advisor / Director who is well-known in local tech circles:
He’s been the Chair of the Seattle Java Users Group (SeaJUG) for 10 years.
He’s an Organizer for Docker, which began the new containerization movement in CI/CD and was the nexus of cultural change in DevOps.
Travis Dougan is our Business Director and has worked in the technology consulting space field for over 20 years. He’s helped S/W development practices grow at companies such as Dev9 and SolutionsIQ.
I’ve been in the Talent Acquisition field for nearly 20 years and worked with both Tom and Travis at SolutionsIQ for 10 years. We’ve all chosen to work together again because we’re confident that collectively we will be “the engine that drives technology innovation with our clients”.